Tuesday 20 January 2009

Papal Angelus

I received two e-mails today, from readers in Germany and Texas, encouraging me to post after an absence of a few weeks. I have indeed been rather apathetic in my blogging duties but in recent days it has been made difficult by my customary Christmas holiday in Rome. At least my holiday snaps will provide a few posts in coming days.

It was good, of course, to see the papa at his weekly Angelus.


I hadn't noticed before that the Latin texts appear on the large TV screens in Piazza San Pietro, 'facilitating' an actuosa participatio.


.

It was good to see a packed square despite it being a fairly quiet time for tourism in Rome.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Father, do you think it would be appropriate for screens and projectors to be mounted in English churches, to project words (especially unfamiliar Latin). It strikes me that projectors and screens would be more cost-effective than video screens, and I suppose it would cut down on hand-outs.

12:02 pm  
Blogger Fr Nicholas said...

Rather like the subtitles you sometimes find provided in opera houses?

It depends how it was done but could be distracting, taking one's attention off the actio of the Mass.

10:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>