Friday 12 January 2007

A Meeting with 'Fr Z'


One of the advantages of going on holiday with a blogospheric celebrity like Fr Whinder is that doors are opened in the most unexpected places. The said Fr Whinder was walking down Borgo Pio on Wednesday when an American cleric excitedly approached him: 'Hey, I recognise you from Roman Miscellany and other blogs - you're Fr Whinder.' It was 'Fr Z', the master of one of the most informative mega-blogs out there, What Does the Prayer Really Say? A drink followed in the room of 'Fr Z' yesterday evening - and, though camera shy, 'Fr Z' took the above picture of his English guests sitting at his computer. We look forward to your English tour, 'Fr Z'!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see the good Father has a splendid lining to his coat!

11:30 pm  
Blogger Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

Oooo that's a good one. I saw the other photo on Fr. Zulsdorf's blog and it had Fr. Whinder facing away from the camera so I was skeptical. I noted, however, that he continues to wear his old 19th and early 20th century clerical frock coats. Very smart.

11:56 pm  
Blogger BCB Webmaster said...

Like Hilary, I was sceptical when I saw Fr Z's picture (though naturally, my sceptism was spelt properly) and I suspected him of wish fulfilment, seeing this post, however, assures me that that was not the case!!!

10:49 am  
Blogger Fr Nicholas said...

I regret to inform you that Fr Whinder is not wearing an old 19th century frock coat - this is simply a trick of the camera. However, I'm sure that he will get one next time he visits his tailor!

11:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a great honor to meet the great Fr. Z anywhere in the world. It was a pleasure when he said Mass using the 1962 missal in my home parish in the USA. A great priest, great homilist, a good man. We need more priests and bishops like him.

2:53 am  
Blogger Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

Spelling,

Pah!

I reject your arbitrary imperatives.

10:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>