Friday 4 May 2007

Throwing Away our Wooden Swords

I've been writing my Sunday sermon this morning, based around the text of the Gospel (Jn 13:31-35: 'I give you a new commandment: love one another as I have loved you'). I am quoting this week's Catholic Herald interview with Mgr Michael Schmitz of the Institute of Christ the King. He rightly criticises all the divisions within the Church at this time of growing secularism, many (though not all) of which centre on non-essential issues:
we seem sometimes in the Church like little tribes engaged in a useless battle with wooden swords, while behind us an atomic bomb ticks. We should turn around, throw our swords away and find a way to defuse the bomb.

Amen to that!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger ali mata said...

read the interview. I have to agree with everything he says :)

btw Padre, I got a random question: how can a lay person get a relic of a Saint?

2:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>