Thursday 15 June 2006

The Abbot of Farnborough

Great news from St Michael's Abbey (courtesy of Joee Blogs and also my friend Fr Richard Whinder, who is visiting the Abbey) that Dom Cuthbert Brogan has been elevated to the abbatial dignity, making him the third Abbot of Farnborough. He has been Conventual Prior now for (I think) ten years and, when he was first appointed, was the youngest major religious superior in the world.

I first visited Farnborough in 1996 and, thanks to its proximity to London and welcoming and amenable atmosphere, has often been the destination for my retreats and short breaks. A few weeks ago I reported my visit there with our confirmandi. Roman Miscellany wishes Abbot Cuthbert well in his new role - I'm sure he will be a worthy successor to the first Abbot, Dom Fernand Michel Cabrol, the great liturgical scholar. Ad multos annos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>