Saturday 20 September 2008

Weddings

There must be something in the air. I haven't officiated at a wedding for two and a half years now and was fast forgetting the niceties of matrimonial rubrics. I've done plenty of paperwork, for sure, but couples were tending to return home to get married - places like Mauritius, Venezuela, Mexico and Poland.

In the last few days, however, the wedding drought has ended for I have four wedding ceremonies in my diary. Hurrah! These include one in Westminster Cathedral in December and a rather splendid-sounding military wedding next year, involving a member of Her Majesty's Household Cavalry. For the first time ever (I suspect) the Balls Pond Road will see scarlet tunics and bearskins and the outside of the church will resemble Buckingham Palace!

Glad to see that matrimony is back in fashion - at least for the time being.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Coffeeaddictsam said...

Speaking as someone who has had you officiate at their wedding, I can say these couples are in sound hands, I can only hope it wasn't us that caused the drought.

12:10 am  
Blogger Pastor in Monte said...

I did a Guard's wedding when at the LO. I had hoped for the same spectacle, but the groom confessed to me that the uniform was so darn heavy and uncomfortable that he preferred marrying in morning dress. There were a group of properly dressed chaps holding swords, though.

8:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>