Before leaving for the start of the APGL Conference and then going on for an overnight stay at London Colney for some in-service training, let me just complete a meme suggested by the dúnadan. Here are the instructions:
1) Go to Wikipedia
2) In the search box, type your birth month and day but not the year.
3) List three events that happened on your birthday
4) List two important birthdays and one death
5) One holiday or observance (if any)
Right - my birthday (12 December) is the day of:
- the Battle of Nineveh in 627, when a Byzantine army under the Emperor Heraclius defeated the Persian forces, commanded by General Rhahzadh.
- the Massacre of Ma'arrat al-Numan (1098) during the First Crusade
- most importantly, the apparition of Our Lady of Guadalupe to St Juan Diego - and this great Marian feast is kept on 12 December