Thursday 8 February 2007

Presbytery Snowball Fight

London is currently under a blanket of snow. Here's the view from my window at 6 this morning:


And a view taken later of the front of the church:


My next-door neighbour, Fr Albert Ofere, the National Nigerian Chaplain, had never experienced such heavy snow before.


Naturally I was eager to induct him into the art of snowballs. A match followed - Archdiocese of Westminster v Nigerian Chaplaincy - but I'm happy to say it was a draw.



I was, admittedly, rather out of practice. The last time I indulged in the sport was this time last year, when I led a pilgrim group to Bavaria in the footsteps of Pope Benedict. I remember a group of my pious pilgrims aiming a particularly large snowball at me in the monastery of Ettal! Anyhow, sadly the clerical snowballs at Kingsland this morning did not pose as impressive a sight as this famous advert from a certain 'reassuringly expensive' beer:

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Pippo said...

I would pay good money to see priests have a snowball fight in cassock and biretta!

12:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would pay good money to see priests in cassock and biretta!

1:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>