Sunday 8 October 2006

Strictly Come Dancing at the Latin Mass

Another curious detail from parish life. This morning, as I was preparing to celebrate our weekly sung 'Latin' Mass (well, all the bits we sing are Gregorian Chant and the rest is in the vernacular), two cars pulled up in our car park. They contained Mark Ramprakash (Surrey cricketing captain) and Karen Hardy, two of the contestants for the popular BBC series Strictly Come Dancing. They rehearse in the studios across the road and regularly use our premises for parking.

I must confess I was mildly disappointed that it wasn't Emma Bunton, formerly Baby Spice (Spice Girls), who was using our car park - at least I've heard of her! Anyway, fortunately the couple didn't waltz down the nave during the Kyrie.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Ignatiuspaul said...

What an exiting time you are having ! How was the Baptism ? Am trying to add to my blog whilst here in Poland but I think it will be elft to Miss Hulme (our Archivist!) and Dunadan the Web man to put it all on the parish web pages !

4:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>